Helvellyn Herdwick Lamb Cutlets
Our Helvellyn Herdwick Lamb Cutlets are a delicious and tender cut of meat, they’re sure to be a hit at your next meal.
At Basecamp North Lakes, we’re proud to offer the highest quality, locally sourced Lamb Cutlets. These succulent and tender cuts of meat are hand-selected by our skilled butchers and sourced from trusted local farms that are committed to ethical and sustainable farming practices. This means that our lambs are free to roam on lush green pastures, resulting in meat that’s bursting with flavour and incredibly tender.
Perfect for grilling, roasting, or pan-frying, our Lamb Cutlets are a versatile ingredient that can be used in a variety of dishes. They’re especially delicious when seasoned with fresh herbs and garlic and grilled to perfection.
How to cook...
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (180°C fan).
- Rub olive oil, salt, and pepper onto both sides of the lamb cutlets.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Sear the lamb cutlets for 2-3 minutes on each side until browned.
- Transfer the lamb cutlets to a baking tray and roast in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes for medium-rare, or until cooked to your liking.
- Remove from the oven and allow the lamb cutlets to rest for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
SUPPORTING YOUR LOCAL FARMERS...
At Basecamp North Lakes, we’re committed to supporting our local farmers. This is why all of our Hogget (more mature lamb) comes from Town Head Farm, the farm is a late 17th-century working hill farm located just outside of Grasmere, with the Herdwick Sheep grazing Helm Crag and Steel Fell in the Lake District. The Herdwicks are farmed by Will Benson who ensures the highest standards of animal welfare.
Rather than Lamb, we stock Hogget – since Herdwicks take longer to mature than other breeds of sheep, it takes just a little longer for the sheep to get to the perfect taste. It also gives them longer to enjoy running around on the fells.
When you shop with us, you’re not only getting delicious, high-quality meat, but you’re also supporting the local economy and helping to preserve our agricultural heritage. Join us in supporting Cumbrian farmers and enjoy the many benefits of locally sourced foods.