Cumbrian Tomahawk Steak
Indulge in the ultimate steak experience with our Cumbrian Tomahawk Steaks.
Approx 1.2kg | Feeds 2-3 People
Indulge in the ultimate steak experience with our Cumbrian Tomahawk Steak. Cut from locally sourced, grass-fed beef from the heart of the Lake District, our Tomahawk Steaks are a true feast for the senses. With their impressive size, stunning appearance, and rich, juicy flavour, they are the perfect centrepiece for any special occasion.
Cooking a Cumbrian Tomahawk Steak is a true culinary experience. The thick, bone-in cut requires a bit of finesse to cook to perfection, but the result is well worth the effort. Whether you prefer to grill or pan-sear, we recommend basting with butter or oil and seasoning generously with salt and pepper. Cook to your desired level of doneness, and let the steak rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
How to cook...
- Remove the steak from the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat your grill or skillet to high heat. Make sure it is well-oiled or buttered to prevent sticking.
- Season the steak generously with salt and pepper or your preferred steak seasoning.
- Place the steak on the grill or skillet and sear it for 2-3 minutes per side, or until it develops a golden-brown crust.
- Lower the heat to medium or move the steak to a cooler part of the grill, and continue to cook it for another 6-8 minutes, flipping it occasionally. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. For medium-rare, the temperature should be around 55-57°C; for medium, around 60-63°C; for medium-well, around 65-68°C.
- Once the steak is cooked to your desired doneness, remove it from the heat and let it rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving. This allows the juices to redistribute and ensures a juicy, tender steak.
SUPPOURTING YOUR LOCAL FARMERS...
At Basecamp North Lakes, we’re committed to supporting local British farmers. We believe in the importance of sustainable agriculture and supporting the communities that produce our food.
By sourcing our meats from local farms, we’re able to ensure the highest quality products while also reducing our carbon footprint. We’re proud to work with farmers who share our values and are dedicated to providing ethically raised and responsibly sourced meats.
When you shop with us, you’re not only getting delicious, high-quality meats and sausages, but you’re also supporting the local economy and helping to preserve our agricultural heritage. Join us in supporting British farmers and enjoy the many benefits of locally sourced foods.