When In Rome – Sangiovese
1.5l | APV: 13.5%
Derived from the Latin for ‘Jupiter’s blood’, Sangiovese once upon a time grew mostly in the wild and today is Italy’s most planted red grape variety. Famously the chameleon of Italian grapes, and the sole variety in prestigious Brunello di Montalcino, this Sangiovese has settled down happily in Umbria to produce a typically easy to drink Umbrian wine.
- A fresh, light, easy to drink red wine with aromas of cherry and other black fruits, finished with a hint of rich dark chocolate.
- Lovingly produced by independent producer Cantina Goccia in Umbria.
- This red tastes great with gnocchi with sage & butter sauce, roasted chicory or grilled vegetables.
- ABV: 13.5%
- Each box is 1.5litres and contains the equivalent of 2x750ml bottles.
- Bag-in-box wine stays fresh for 6 weeks after opening.
- Drinking wine from a box produces 10x less CO₂ compared to single-use glass bottles so is a sustainable option for all wine lovers.
- Learn more about the climate footprint of this box of wine with CarbonCloud here.
ABOUT WHEN IN ROME
In Italy, wine lovers visit their local winery with refillable containers, fill them, go home, decant and enjoy.
When In Rome is on a mission to bring this tradition to the UK
Beautiful Italian craft wine, made by independent producers, packaged into eco-friendly boxes, which stay fresh for up to 6 weeks once opened.